E-mail Sis. Chapman

You can now e-mail Sis. Rachel Chapman at: Rachel.chapman@myldsmail.net

She'd love to hear from you.

Her physical address is: 1810 Winston Dr., St. Marys, OH 45885

Monday, April 15, 2013

4/15/13

Wow family! You have all been super busy!!! I love it! I hope dad is going to be able to recover from all of that driving! I worry about him sometime! Hopefully Grandma can get some rest now too that tax season is over. I can't believe how much she does! She's incredible. I bet Sarah looked gorgeous for prom! I can't believe she's old enough to do that now! That's hilarious that she liked the food more than the dance... I might need to have a chat with her on Mother's Day...
The seasons are definitely changing and my allergies know it! I got some Claritin so I should be good for a few more days. The weather is so great! We went and played sand volleyball with all the elders in our district this morning. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE! I am sad that the humidity is going to start getting bad though. but some members did tell me that St. Louis weather is way worse than it is here, so that made me feel a little better.
THE PACKAGES WERE AWESOME!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! my companions and I LOVED them!!!! The cookies are great! All the other things were wonderful and the music is fantastic! We have a cd player in our apartment and we can play them in the car, so we have plenty of music to go around now! Unfortunately only the Mo-Tab CD's are working for some reason... I'm going to try and figure it out with a member maybe to see if I can re-burn the other ones to get them working. We'll see how that works out... I'll send pictures of me opening the packages later, it was a pretty big ordeal, I was very excited!
The work is going well! Chucky is still progressing! we had a lesson with him last week. The lesson before we had committed him to pray to know if this is the true church and that he should be baptized. He told us last week that he had gotten an answer. He had prayed before he went to bed that night and then had an amazing dream. He told us that in his dream he saw what his life would be like with the gospel and he knew that it was the true church and that he needed to be baptized. Then we taught him about the Book of Mormon and told him that it had the power to change his life. We spent a lot of time talking about the blessings that come from reading the Book of Mormon. Once you have a testimony of the BoM you then know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, the Christ is you Savior, and that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. We asked him how long he thought it would take him to read it and to try and understand it. He said 3 days. HOW AMAZING IS HE??? So we committed him this week to read it and finish it in a week. He's a sponge, just soaking everything up that we give him! The Lord definitely prepared him to hear the Gospel.
We also had a miracle this past week when we were trying to contact a referrel we had received from mormon.org. Jason Sabo had requested a missionary visit a few weeks ago. We tried calling a few times and then a lady answered and she yelled at us saying she wasn't Jason and to never call her again... So we assumed he gave us a phony phone number. So we tried to stop by his apartment complex, but he didn't give us his apartmetn #... So we decided to stop by one more time. I had gotten a really bad headache and just wanted to go home and take some drugs. but Sis. Carlson wanted to stop by his place because it was on our way. So I said fine, I'll wait. so we tried to get to his place but Sis. Carlson ended up getting lost a few times (she's terrible with directions) and then we finally got to his place and parked. We said a prayer (we pray before we get out of the car to teach a lesson every time) and then went to the trunk to grab some supplies. As we were at the trunk a jeep pulled up. Sis. O'Driscoll and I looked at eachother and said, that's him, that's Jason. A man got out of the Jeep and went inside. We walked up to the door of the apartment complex and this man was just inside the door getting his mail. He opened the door for us and asked if we were coming in. We said yes and then asked him if he knew a Jason Sabo. He said, "that's me". IT WAS AWESOME!!! We told him who we were and why we were there. He told us that he was really busy at the moment, he was home for his lunch break but we got his correct phone number and wants to meet again for a lesson. he seems actually interested and potentially a great investigator! We'll see how it goes, we're excited about it.
Sis. O'Driscoll is from Elkridge, UT. IT's a small town about 30 min. south of Provo. She's great! It is such a blessing to be with her especially since we already knew eachother in the MTC. Its making the transition a lot easier. She is getting a new trainer (this will be her 3rd trainer) tomorrow. We are splitting the area again and are hoping the adjustment will be smooth. So we will all go back to having just 1 companion. I'm excited about it.
Apparently I have been teaching the lessons in my sleep... When I wake up in the mornings my companions let me know how well my teaching is improving. I think of you everytime mom - it's all your fault.
So I got some terrifying news from President this week. After this transfer, when my 12 weeks of training is up, I will be training a new missionary. I wanted to go home. I kept thinking "there is no way". it seems impossible. I am not too confident in myself yet and I dont' want to have the responsiblity to train someone new and possibly destroy their mission forever. I would really appreciate prayers. President told me that he was confident that he could put me in a new area with an apartment, a car, and a new missionary and I would be able to go to work. I pray that he is right. I do have faith that the Lord will make a way, or else I wouldn't be asked to do this. That's something that I have definitley gained a testimony of. The Lord asks us to do really hard things because He knows we are capable of it with His help. That's the only way I am able to do the things we do, is because of Him. I am weak. I am lazy. I am dumb. But He makes me better. He makes me strong, hard working, and smart. It's through Him that I am able to be a missionary doing His work.
Well I miss you all very much! And again thank you for the packages! I even got a letter from Cory and Steph with a bunch of pictures of the kids and it made my day! I opened it and started uncontrollably weeping! My companions were pretty concerned. I didn't realize how much I miss those little guys! Mike looks adorable in his helmet and Haleigh looked so beautiful in her Easter dress.
I love and miss you all so much! I hope all is well for you back home and that you're all enjoying having Rex back!
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment