E-mail Sis. Chapman

You can now e-mail Sis. Rachel Chapman at: Rachel.chapman@myldsmail.net

She'd love to hear from you.

Her physical address is: 1810 Winston Dr., St. Marys, OH 45885

Thursday, January 9, 2014

12/23/13

It has been a long week. But a good one! We still are having a hard time finding investigators, but we're making the most of it. I've ben kind of sick this week. I think it's a sinus infection. I've had a headache for about 5 days now. So it hasn't been much fun. and I can't get Sudafed because I don't have a legitimate picture ID (because of the stupid picturless driver's license I have...)
 
The senior couple here, the Jensons, have been so great! When we don't have anyone to teach or anything to do we go over to their apartment and teach them or just do stuff with them to be productive. They are the best! Sis. Jenson's mom is 90 and isn't doing well at all. At the beginning of the week they gave her 1 night, she's still alive though. But they are leaving today to be with her. It's where they need to be. But we're kind of sad because we were planning on spending Christmas eve and Christmas with them. They're like our parents out here and take such great care of us. But we'll call them while they're gone and all will be well. They're going to let us go over to their apartment to Skype you guys! I was thinking we could do it around 2pm my time? I hope that works for you... let me know.
 
We were able to contact this less active family - the Felvers. THEY ARE SO GREAT!!!! They have a farm kind of place, lots of free range chickens, goats, and cats. They also have gotten into the wine business (partly why they are less-active) and have their own vineyard. Bro. Felver is LEGIT. He is this huge hillbilly of a man. He LOVES to cook. When we stopped in he was making mince meat for some pies, fruit cakes, and candying lemon and orange peels. He is hysterical. Legitimately knows the guy from Duck Dynasty and I would not be surprised if he was the next star of a redneck reality tv show. They are so great! Sis. Felver is great too! Just welcomed us right in. We hadn't been there 10 minutes and bro. Felver asked us if we liked banana bread and then handed us a HUGE loaf for us to take home, complete with a stick of butter and home made apple butter. (Which you guys will have to try when you come out here - SO GOOD!) They invited us back for dinner tonight - I am so excited! I think we could get them to start coming back to church. Their daughter hasn't been baptized yet. The spirit is still in their home, they still have testimonies. So we've just got to figure out what they need.
 
Sis. Lemmon is doing pretty good. This is really hard for her not being home during the holidays, but we have some fun things planned for this week. Tomorrow we are having dinner with some families from the branch. They've got a bunch of little kids and are going to be doing a white elephant and lots of games. It should be a lot of fun! Then Christmas morning the Branch President invited us over for breakfast and then a family invited us for dinner. It should be a good time.
 
It's hard not being home for the holidays, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I know this is where I need to be. I know I'm fulfilling my purpose and I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do. It doesn't really feel like Christmas, just another week of the year. But I have LOVED opening the presents. This morning I opened the Book of Mormon! I LOVED THAT!!! I can not wait till I find the right family to give that to! I loved getting the letter and the pictures! That probably has been my favorite one so far! Diane, Sandy, and Bev and the fam sent me a package! SO SWEET!!! I need their addresses so I can write them and say thank you! I also got a letter from the O'Fallon Beehives - so cute. and emma sent a great package of course. Love her! And the branch made us stockings and the Jensons left some presents for us to open. We are being taken care of pretty well out here in the middle of no where. haha!
 
I can't believe Joseph is home already!!!! Crazy! You'll have to tell him hi for me!
 
Well I love and miss you all so much! Be good and eat a TON of food for me!  Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment