E-mail Sis. Chapman

You can now e-mail Sis. Rachel Chapman at: Rachel.chapman@myldsmail.net

She'd love to hear from you.

Her physical address is: 1810 Winston Dr., St. Marys, OH 45885

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

1/27/14

So it has been an alright week. Sis. Lemmon and I have both been sick, so we weren't able to really go out and do too much. But we did find 3 new investigators!!!!! Heck yah! So that was exciting!
 
We had some great lessons with the less-actives we're working with. Dane and his family are doing great! They are so awesome! Mom - he wants to have a cook off with you when  you come. ha! He made a pretty great cheesecake Friday night. I told him yours was pretty mean too. He didn't like that too much. haha! So he told me to tell you to start preparing now. He's the best.
 
We also met with Jill Shepherd - the dead guy lady. Her habits in regard to hygiene aren't the best, and she's making us dinner tonight. So we're a little nervous - pray we don't contract some awful disease. She is starting to remember things. But she is starting to think that we don't have anything to do but spend time with her, which is dangerous. We have to help her become self-reliant and make sure that she doesn't become converted to us instead of the Savior. She gets upset when we don't spend more than an hour with her at a time or when we don't talk to her everyday. So we're struggling with the clinginess.... but we're making it work. I don't think she understands that we expect her to do stuff - she has to stop smoking and start keeping the other commandments. She's fine coming to church and sitting in her chair all day reading, but the other things that are harder she's not too interested in. It should be interesting tonight.
 
Church was cancelled yesterday so we weren't able to get some other lessactives to church. I was pretty bummed about that. It was going to be one sister's first time back in a few years. But she should be able to come next week. I really hope so.
 
Our new investigators are pretty cool. One is an older lady, Betty. She lives around the corner from us. She's so sweet! We've shoveled her drive and taken her some cookies and stuff, but she's never had us in for a lesson or anything. But her husband has been in the hospital for the past month and she's having a really hard time, so she said we could come back and share some scrips with her and pray with her. She's adorable. But I feel so bad for her, she's really having a hard time right now.
Jenee and her son Nick are our other new investigators. She's met with missionaries in the past and her son is 13 and is somewhat familiar with our beliefs. She has great faith in Christ and wants to come closer to Him. She has lots of questions about our beliefs and so we set up a time to be able to come back and talk with her more about things. I'm pretty excited - she seems awesome!
I got a call from Pres. Vellinga this week. Rick called him!!!! Rick told him to tell me that he is coming back and that he is getting sealed to his wife!!!! It was exactly what I needed to hear! I was so proud to hear that Rick is going to make the changes he needs to to be able to go to the Temple. I hope that he does, and that he stays strong and is able to overcome whatever he is going through! I hope his kids are doing well too, he didn't say anything about them. I miss the Rohrers so much. They are the best family! I can't wait to see them again.
 
Other than that not much has happened this week. I did get an awesome email from Rex. He's so awesome! He makes me so happy! ha!
 
Transfers are next week. I have no idea what's going to happen. I don't know if I'm training or not again. I don't know if I can again. I'm pretty burnt out. I feel like I need to be with an experienced missionary for at least 1 transfer before I train again. I want to stay here in St. Marys, but at the same time I feel like I need to leave. It's hard. I don't know what to expect. I know that the Lord will send me where He needs me and where I will learn what I need to. I'm so grateful He's got it all figured out.
 
How are you all doing? How's Sarah doing? How are Cory and Steph and the kiddos? How is your calling going?
 
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Sis. Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment