E-mail Sis. Chapman

You can now e-mail Sis. Rachel Chapman at: Rachel.chapman@myldsmail.net

She'd love to hear from you.

Her physical address is: 1810 Winston Dr., St. Marys, OH 45885

Monday, March 25, 2013

3/11/13 Arrives in Cleveland

So it has been crazy these past couple days!!!! Tuesday we FINALLY got to Cleveland and were able to have dinner at the Stake Center at 7:30 that night. Then we all had to split up becuase there were 29 of us, they had to figure out where to put everyone. I got to stay at the mission home with my companion in the General Authority room, it was pretty fancy. Wednesday we had some training with the Assistants and were interviewed by Pres. and Sister Vallinga. They are so wonderful! I really like them a lot! Thursday we got up early and all headed to Kirtland. It was pretty awesome! We went to the Temple and got to read some of the visions and stuff from D&C as we were sitting right where it all happened. Then we went down to the Knewl K Whitney store and up in the top room, where they had the School of the Prophets we all knelt down and dedicated our missions to the Lord. It was an incredible experience, very special. After that we all went downstairs and President handed out our area assignments and gave us pictures of our new companions! As we were walking out of the store, pres came up to me and another sister that i was with in the mtc and said that there was a surprise for us, we were going to be in a trio together!!!! it was awesome! I was so happy that i was going to have someone familiar with me! so then we went to the stake center in Kirtlad for the transfer meeting and got to meet out new comps. as we were talking with Sis. Carlson, my new companion, pres comes up with another surprise. He had a new comp for sis. O'Driscoll, who I was in the MTC with. She was going to be trained by Sis. Yates who was home on medical leave and would be coming back! So now there are four of us living in a 1 bedroom apartment until Thursday when we move to a 2 bedroom.
So i have to tell you guys about this family that we are teaching! THEY ARE GOLDEN!!! there is Rick, the dad, Brandon who is 20, and Samantha who is 18. All of Rick's extended family are members and have always been there for them when they needed stuff. the Rohrer family lost their wife/mother on Jan. 4 and the church stepped in to help. Rick thought that after all the church has done, they should probably let the missionaries come over. Rick was really mad at the Lord and they were all really in a dark place. The sisters taught them the plan of salvation and everything changed. They are completely different people. When I went over to meet them for the first time the spirit was so strong in their home, their faith it incredible. we just gave them the Word of Wisdom last night and Rick has committed to stop smoking, he had already started that on his own!, and Brandon committed to stop drinking coffee, which he had already decided was bad for him and he knew he hda to stop. THey came to church yesterday and had an awesome time! Sam is planning on going back for mutual wed night and wants to go to girl's camp and youth conference! IT's so fantastic to see the gospel work in people's lives like this! they have a baptismal date set for March 30!
There is this less active family, the Morrisons, who had us over for my firt dinner! They are so awesome!!!! Margie is so crafty and fun, reminds me a lot of Maggie. Her daughters are 20 and 18 and the 20 year old is planning on going on a mission! they were sealed in the temple but went innactive about 8 years ago because of things going on in the ward. but we are trying to get them back to the temple! They are so fun!!!
There are a few more investigators and less active that we have been seeing, the work is progressing.
the area here is nteresting. Massillon, OH is the name of my area. There are a lot of poorer areas and more rundown homes here. the ward has a lot of elderly people in it. But the people here are amazing, they are so wonderful and kind and welcoming.
It's been tough for a few days. my Companion's previous companion, Sis. Bell, was fantastic and everyone in the area loves her. so when we go over to people's houses all they talk about is how sad they are to not have bell anymore and how they miss her and how fantastic she was. And my comp is really stressed about training and the area being split. So its weird, i feel like the members don't like me because I replaced Sis. Bell, and I don't know if my comp is stressed because of me. but having nights liek we have had with the Rohrers and other investigators make it a lot better and remind me what I am supposed to be focusing on. those nights make it all worth it.
Our P-days are mondays! I can not wait to go shopping! Since Wed we have just been eating the food that was already here in the apt and i am starving!!!! lol! So I can't wait for that!
I miss you guys! I need you to send me pictures of the family so I can put them up and show people! I also need cd's of "inspirational music" it can be hymns, or anything missionary appropriate. JUST SEND ME MUSIC!!!
Tell everyone hi for me! I'm sorry I wasn't able to call, my card ran out of minutes and I didn't have enough time between flights. I was so sad! I wanted to talk to everyone so bad!!!! I'm so sorry! but mother's day is just around the corner!
I hope Haleigh and Michael are doing better! and I hope Cory and Steph can get through it.
I'm excited to hear about Harm! That's awesome that she's coming home and for rex! Tell that kid Hi for me! I need his address so I can write him!
I love you guys so much and I can't wait to talk to you guys again soon!
When we move to our new apt. i will send you our address!

No comments:

Post a Comment